- India US$2 trillion economy has emerged as the fastest growing major economy in the world (IMF) as well as the seventh largest in the world.
- India is expected to be one of the top three economic powers of the world over the next 10-15 years.
- India’s per capita GDP, on purchasing power parity (PPP) has increased to US$ 7,170 in 2017, (IMF).
- With the youngest working population in the world, India’s consumption story will be huge in the next 20 years, driven by its 440 million millennials and 390 million Gen Z.
- India’s economic growth and rising household incomes are expected to increase consumer spending to US$ 3.6 trillion by 2020.
- Indian consumption could grow 6.7% (FY 2015-20) and 7.1% (FY 2021-25).
- India is one of the fastest growing in terms of Digital adoption. According to McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), India’s Digital Index rose by 56% during 2014-17, from 18 to 29 on a scale of 1 to 100. This placed India second in terms of growth among 17 emerging and mature Digital Economies.
© 2017 | @Home World Expo | All Rights Reserved